2015 SUMMER SEASON ADULT AUDITIONS
ADULT AUDITION SCHEDULE
Monday, March 23: 3:00 pm -10:00 pm
Tuesday, March 24: 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Wednesday, March 25: 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
No video auditions accepted.
1250 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista, CA 92084
Brengle Terrace Park
MINIMUM AGE TO AUDITION
18 years; (You may audition if you are 17-years-old and will turn 18 by May 9; please bring valid ID). Children's audition information for The Music Man, Shrek: The Musical and Big Fish is below. Children should not use the online audition sign-up.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDITION
Prepare no more than 16 bars (but no longer than 45 seconds) for your vocal audition.
No tape recorders may be used. No "a cappella" singing. An accompanist will be provided.
WHAT TO BRING
• Five (5) resumes, five (5) non-returnable headshots
• Completed audition forms. Please use our online version, when you type your info in on the first sheet it will automatically fill-in the remaining pages for you. Use the green 'PRINT ALL FORMS' button to print the necessary number of copies
• You will need to have ONE-long sheet and five (5)-half sheets
• Sheet music in the correct key; an accompanist will be provided.
• Calendar or planner to check for conflicts.
Auditions are by APPOINTMENT only:
Audition appointment sign-up instructions:
1. Each actor may only sign up for one audition appointment. If an actor signs up more than once, all of her/his signups will be cancelled by Moonlight staff.
2. If you are also signing up a friend or family member, you must start the process over completely for each individual audition, entering their personal information separately.
• Changes may be made online until noon the day of your audition date. To cancel your appointment after that time, you must call our office: 760.643.5297.
• Plan to arrive 10 minutes early for check-in if your paperwork is completed. We highly recommend filling out the paperwork online! Alternatively, plan to arrive 25-30 minutes early to complete your paperwork on site and to check in.
• If no spaces are available on this signup, you may be put on a waiting list or you may opt to attend as a walk-in. Space may be available if a same-day cancellation occurs. However, there is no guarantee that you will be seen.
To make your audition appointment, click on one of the links below. Do NOT use the online sign-up for children's auditions - see below on how to submit for chilren's roles for the Summer Season.
Monday, March 23, 2015 Auditions
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 Auditions
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 Auditions
Moonlight will see girls and boys ages 6-17. Please refer to the The Music Man, Shrek: The Musical or Big Fish information sheets below for character descriptions.
To submit your child for The Music Man, Shrek: The Musical or Big Fish please mail a headshot and resume to:
Moonlight Stage Productions
Attention: Steven Glaudini, Artistic Director
200 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA 92084
Deadline for children's submissions: Friday March 20
If your child is registered for the Moonlight Cultural Foundation workshop on Sunday March 22 there is no need to submit again.
2015 Summer Season Audition Paperwork
The Moonlight's 2015 Summer Season is presented in the 2,000 person capacity, open-air Amphitheatre. Each production involves approximately a five-week rehearsal period with three weeks of performance, (First and second weeks: Wed-Sun performances, third week: Thu-Sat performances). Auditioners may choose to audition for all shows or selected productions. The Amphitheatre is located about 60 minutes north of San Diego, two hours south of Los Angeles, and an hour south of Orange County cities.
All non-Equity performers will be hired as employees of the City of Vista during rehearsals and performances. Non-union pay ranges from $400 to $1,700 depending on the role.
Note: Those hired will be required to complete a City of Vista hiring packet and attend a mandatory orientation prior to the first rehearsal in the City of Vista at a date yet to be determined.
All children under 16 years of age will work on a volunteer basis.
The City of Vista's current Actors' Equity Association LOA to COST contract includes 3 principal contracts per show. All AEA members auditioning must show their current membership card.
To receive information about our auditions via email, please provide your first and last name, and your email address, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.